Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

We Are A Family

I have been working on teaching Evie the concept of "Family" in recent days (it is one of Daddy's favorite concepts). Last night on the way home from Upward practice, while riding in a separate vehicle from Daddy and Sister, Evie asked me where Daddy was going. I told her he was going home just like we were.
"Why?," she asked. (I am sure all parents of former 2 yr olds are shocked that she would respond with that question.)
"Because we are a family so we live in the same house and like to do things together as a family."
"Why?"
"Because God made us to be a family - a mommy and a daddy and two little girls. That is the family God put you in. Isn't that wonderful?"
Of course, since we live as far from church as we do, the conversation was over at this point because we had completed the 15 second trek.

Well, apparently, she is catching on because she was sitting on her stepstool in the bathroom this morning with her baby Cayden - at least it was named Cayden yesterday - when I walked by. She looked up and asked me to "Come in here and be as a family with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment